IPR.VC is planning to launch IPR.VC Fund II in Q1/2019. The target size of the fund is €40–50 million. The fund will focus on TV and film producers and potential disruptive content concepts in selected European areas that have the most developed content ecosystems.
We are focusing on European media and entertainment production companies that have major growth potential in international markets and that can be accelerated with the help of our investment.
We will target two segments within media content:
Audiovisual content: TV, film, Internet video, and animation
Transmedia content and disruptive content services: VR, AI, e-sports, IP-based video games, in-car media, etc.
What is content IPR that IPR.VC is investing in?
- Content IPR is an agreement-based intangible right for commercial exploitation of media content (film, TV program, game, etc.)
- Content IPRs are monetized through trading and licensing
– Trading: changing ownership
– Licensing: retaining ownership, charging a fee based on use or revenue
- Content IPRs are fully scalable and, in digital channels, their variable reproduction costs are near zero
- IPR.VC can invest either in content producer company’s equity or directly in IPR equity
Disclaimer: The material here is being delivered to the recipient for a sole purpose of helping the recipient to familiarize and acquaint itself with IPR.VC Fund II to be established. This material does not purport to be comprehensive or to contain all the information that a prospective investor may need. This material is not intended to form the basis of a decision to invest in IPR.VC Fund II and does not constitute an offer, invitation or recommendation for the payment of any commitment to IPR.VC Fund II. Each recipient of this material must make its own investigation and assessment of IPR.VC Fund II. The recipients are further advised to contact independent investment, legal and tax advisor(s) in connection with the evaluation of the investment opportunity when it is possible offered, for the institutional investors only.